Saturday, June 09, 2007

Finals.






Anna earned her green belt in Tae Kwon Do today. So proud of her. As I watched her, I realised we've been experiencing a lot of "finals" this week - last times. This Friday was the kids last day of school, next year they will be in Arcata. They did their last sparring, their last Tae Kwon Do classes (at least at this dojo), and today was the last test. I'm saying good-bye to programs I've been working with, students, and friends.

There will be new things to replace all of these finals, and we are so looking forward to them. Still, saying good-bye is at best a bitter sweet experience. Fresno has been good to us, we've found many fun times and connections. I'm really thankful for the past four years, and all I've learned. But mostly for people who've been friends. Peace.

No comments: