Saturday, October 27, 2007

Choosing happiness.


10 TENETS OF WHOLE LIVING

Happiness is a choice. You can make that choice today and every day.
Good health isn’t a gift; it’s a habit you can cultivate.
Stay connected to the natural world. It will feed your soul.
Think more about what you should eat more than what you shouldn’t.
Nurture your spirit. It’s the source of your strength.
A healthy, fit body is not enough—true fitness engages the spirit.
Laugh at yourself. You’re funny.
Believe in yourself. Your intuition is rarely wrong.
It’s never too late to take the first step toward your aspirations.
What you pay attention to will thrive.
(From Mind+Body=Soul)

This past week was filled with highs and lows, and by Friday I was tired. Stress has a way of making me feel sad. It robs me of my patience and my perspective. It took an entire day, but I think I'm doing better now. I feel calm and optimistic - my natural state. And I feel a desire to be generous with those who pushed me - people I was not feeling generous to yesterday.

Gratitude really helps me keep my perspective. Today I am grateful for:
1. My family - John, Anna, Alice, Jack and Nathaniel - you are the most important aspect of my life everyday.
2. Extended family and friends - people who love me even when it's hard. You know who you are!
3. Warmth - my house, my bed, warm socks, soup cooking all afternoon. I've really begun to notice that this not a given for everyone, and I really am grateful.
4. Work I love and am proud of everyday - thank you to everyone I work with for allowing me the privelege of working along side you.
5. And, finally, faith. I am grateful for the time and experiences of my life that have given me stronger faith, and confirmed the reality of grace for me.

I wish you perspective, happiness, and peace.

No comments: