Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Reflection.

I am feeling short-tempered and cranky. My patience is at a low, and I'm feeling a bit wallowy (a new word). So, certain a time to take a deep breath and remember what I'm grateful for today.

1. That Nathaniel wanted me to sit with him and snuggle, and that even though I didn't want to be late for work I did sit down and he smiled and relaxed into my shoulder. How often do I let the stress of the day push away the joy of my relationships?

2. My children like each other. Of course they love each other, and yes they do bicker, but they really enjoy each other's company for a chunk of everyday and this is very good.

3. I have the opportunity to learn with some of the leading thinkers of the day. I love new ideas and struggling to put all of the pieces together, it's a joy. Still, adding a PhD program to the mix does add to the stress and decrease the hours in a day. Ah, balance.

4. I love where I live and work. It's beautiful everyday. Doesn't matter whether it's raining or foggy or sunny - the trees and the bay and the rivers....ahhh.

Ok, I'm a little more focussed. I hope you have a delightful day. Peace.

No comments: