Monday, August 13, 2007

To live an examined life.

Dawna Markova : I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.

This great quote was on Ali Edward's blog today: aliedwards@typepad.com. I love it! I find that taking pictures helps me look at my life more thoughtfully, to notice details, to give significance to things that might otherwise slip through the cracks of a busy life. I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful summer day!

Peace. Susan.

No comments: