Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year and one little word for 2008.

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” -Anonymous

My word for 2008 is going to be "Love" - from Wikipedia: "One definition attempting to be universally applicable is Thomas Jay Oord's: to love is to act intentionally, in sympathetic response to others (including God), to promote overall well-being." I especially like the first part "to love is to act intentionally", I want to conisder more this year how I can act intentionally in loving others and in being loved.

My favorite bible quote about love: "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

There is a moment in one of my favorite movies, "the Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood", when the daughter asks her father if he's been loved enough. He answers, "What's enough?" Right now I wonder what it would feel like to be loved, enough. I hope I find the answer this year.

Peace. Susan

No comments: